Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jane Eyre Your Choice Blog

I think Jane Eyre is a interesting and good story but I think it takes a while to get into the book and understand it. Before I started reading any of the summer novels I asked my family and friends for advice on which books to pick and which books to read first. Numerous times I heard people say Jane Eyre is great but you have to get through the first hundred pages and you have to pay attention. I took those comments into consideration and started to read Jane Eyre. Every time the book got boring or I got tired I would put on the book tape. Immediately I would get back into it with hearing the voices of characters and imaging what they looked like. After about the sixth chapter I no longer needed to hear the book tape. I could stay focused and understand the book. The reason I explain my troubles of reading Jane Eyre is because I think people would agree. There are just some books that you have to make it through a few chapters of to get in to or to understand. After reading the first part of the book I enjoyed it. The romance between Jane and Mr. Rochester is not ordinary. There is suspense and mystery. Their romance is not like movie romance it is real and relateable. For example, not many people like Jane and Edward together. He is rich and important and Jane a governess working for Mr. Rochester. This is similar to a lot of relationships today. People who are considered "opposites" get together and are judged for the wrong reasons. If Jane and Mr. Rochester were living in this time period people might say Jane only wanted him for money not true love or people might judge them for their jobs levels. Another example of this book being relateable to people is Jane having to choose between different men. She meets Edward and it is love at first sight but when she finds he is already married she chooses to leave where she then meets Saint John who later wants to marry Jane. This relates to people's relationships and makes the book more interesting. Jane goes through many struggles such as regret, family, and love. I think all these struggles makes the character of Jane easy to relate to and a good character.
Overall Jane Eyre was a good book. It had a interesting and intriguing plot and it easy to relate too. I would give Jane Eyre a 6.5 out of 10.

Bronte, Charolette. Jane Eyre. Ed. Margret Smith. Oxford: Oxford UP, 1998. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment